Posting Date: December 18, 2017
Closing Date: January 17, 2018
The SCFSHA Charitable Organization (SCFSHA CO) is affiliated with the Spouses’ Club of the Fort Sam Houston Area, a Section 501(c)(7) social club. The SCFSHA CO is organized exclusively for charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Code, or the corresponding provision of any future federal law. Such purposes include but are not limited to: Engaging in philanthropic endeavors in the surrounding military and civilian communities that raise funds to be used for providing scholarships and community grants distributions to eligible candidates.
- Must be an ID card holder with full privileges
- Applicant must be a current member of the SCFSHA or willing to become a member, once contracted.
- Once approved, applicant must agree to a background check, at their expense and receive a clean report.
- Provide customer service by greeting customers, responding to customer inquiries and managing complaints.
- Monitoring of store inventory to maintain appropriate store inventory levels.
- Supervise, train, motivate, recruit and mentor Thrift Shop volunteers.
- Coordinate pricing, merchandising and sale of products; development of store displays.
- Accept, process, examine, price and direct donations to achieve Thrift Shop goals.
- Ensure one Day Chairperson is present during operating hours of the shop.
- Sign (co-sign) all Thrift Shop checks.
- Review and make suggestions for changes or additions to the policies/guidelines already in place to the Thrift Shop Board.
- Must be present and responsible for the daily opening and closing of the Thrift Shop to include: unlocking door for volunteer entry no later than 8:45 AM. Opening the safe (if bookkeeper is not available) and ensuring that the cash register has correct funds needed for daily operations, closing out the register and Liberty reports and programs at day’s end (if bookkeeper is not available).
- Must be able to perform all Thrift Shop Operations, i.e. consignments, withdrawals, donations, volunteers, point of sale/register, expired consignments (TSP), etc.
- The out-going Manager shall train the incoming Manager to review the operating and financial procedures, i.e. making deposits and signing checks.
- The out-going Manager should ensure that the signature cards at the bank are updated for the checking account and included in the Thrift Shop Board minutes.
- Must be certified as Facility Manager and attend biannual training course.
- Duties include distribution of keys along with proper signatures held on file, coordination with post agencies for building repairs (A/C, heat, phones, lighting, plumbing), fire & safety procedures, and security forces.
- Post notices for holiday and special closing. (i.e bad weather, national emergencies and post lock downs or at the discretion of the Thrift Shop Manager.
- Coordinate with Chairpersons the ‘Do Not Take’ list throughout the building and send updated information to the SCFSHA publicity chairperson and social media chair, when available.
- Oversee and resolve all issues related to Thrift Shop operations.
- Coordinate all publicity needs with post agencies along with the publicity chairperson.
- Purchase office/shop supplies and distribute.
- Must be willing to assume additional duties as assigned or required for Thrift Shop operations.
- Ensure monthly proceeds are transferred to SCFSHA CO.
- Presides over Thrift Shop Board meetings and prepares the agenda.
- Participate in same responsibilities as volunteers such as cleaning and organizing shelves, displays and sales of merchandise.
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, Quickbooks and computer skills preferred
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to operate cash register, Point of sale software (Liberty), debit/credit card machine
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must be self motivated to work independently and as a team
- Must be able to multi-task, have excellent time management skills, and be able to delegate tasks
- Thrift Shop Application
- Two References
Applications can be dropped off at the Thrift Shop on Wednesdays or Thursdays from 9:30am-2:30pm, located at 3100 Zinn Road, Bldg. 1154, Fort Sam Houston, TX. Point of Contact for dropping off applications is Stacy Vick or Rhonda Fruendt. The shop is currently closed until January 3, 2018. Applications can also be mailed to: Fort Sam Houston Thrift Shop, PO Box 340209, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234. Applications must be received by 17 January 2018! For additional questions email fshthriftbookkeeper@