Thrift Shop is looking for a cashier!!!
Posting Date: November 4, 2020
Closing Date: November 18, 2020
Compensation: $500/month (increases after probationary period)
The SCFSHA Charitable Organization (SCFSHA CO) is affiliated with the Spouses’ Club of the Fort Sam Houston Area (SCFSHA), a Section 501(c)(7) social club. The SCSFHA CO is organized exclusively for charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Code, or the corresponding provision of any future federal law. Such purposes include but are not limited to: Engaging in philanthropic endeavors in the surrounding military and civilian communities that raise funds to be used for providing scholarships and community grants distributions to eligible candidates.
- Must be an ID card holder with full privileges
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Ability to operate cash register, Point of sale software (Liberty), debit/credit card machine
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must be self motivated to work both independently and as a team
- Must be able to multi-task, have excellent time management skills, and be able to delegate tasks
- Once approved, applicant must agree to a background check, at their expense and receive a clean
- Provide customer service by greeting customers and responding to customer inquiries.
- Must be available from hours of 10:00 – 3:00 on Wednesdays/Thursdays and the 1st Saturday of the Month (unless the 1st Saturday is a holiday, then the 2nd Saturday of the month).
- Assist Bookkeeper and/or Manager at the end of the day with the cash count and reconciliation
- Operate the cash register and point of sale machine during the business hours of the TS.
- Assist bagger with cutting off tags, wrapping delicate items in paper, and putting items in appropriate bags.
- Maintain cashier supplies
- Maintain clean and organized area.
- Assist customers when they are storing items on the holding racks
- Comfortable to work under pressure (long lines of people)
- Thrift Shop Application
- Two References
Applications/Resumes can be dropped off at the Thrift shop on Wednesdays or Thursdays from 10:30am – 2:30pm, located at Bldg 123, Fort Sam Houston, TX. Point of Contact for dropping off applications is Carolyn Abrahams. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/Resumes must be received by November 18, 2020!
THE THRIFT SHOP IS OPEN!!!
NEW HOURS AS OF NOVEMBER 4, 2020
10:30-2:30 WEDNESDAYS & THURSDAYS
1ST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH
MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES!! LIMITED CAPACITY IN THE STORE AT ONE TIME. BATHROOMS AND DRESSING ROOMS WILL BE CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!!!
CONSIGNMENT AND DONATION INFORMATION
Consignment hours will be from 10:30-1:00.
PLEASE READ: We will continue to enforce current COVID protocol health procedures.
What you need to know:
If you would like to donate items, please bring them in to the store during our adjusted operating hours. They will be processed the following week.
This year we distributed $40,000 to Scholarship and Community Grant recipients in the Fort Sam Houston Community. Most funds are generated via the Thrift Shop at Fort Sam Houston as well as other fund raisers throughout the year. If you are a student or spouse interested in a SCFSHA Scholarship or an organization seeking a SCFSHA Grant, please review our information and forms below.
The SCFSHA Charitable Organization is not part of the Department of Defense or any of its components. It has no governmental status.